Thursday, June 5, 2014

All I can do at 4 a.m. is order green things from Wal-Mart and write another Howdygram post.

I can’t sleep. I tried, but it’s absolutely hopeless. My legs hurt, my feet hurt, my hands hurt, I’ve got a headache, a hangnail and my eyes are watering. All I can do at 4 a.m. is order green things from Wal-Mart and write another Howdygram post. Pictured below are my middle-of-the-night purchases ... a big squeezy bottle of Thicker Fuller Hair shampoo (it smells like lilacs!) and two jars of Mezzetta gigantic stuffed olives.
Know what? A couple of hours from now I’ll have to call Baylor Medical Center in Garland to cancel my 10 a.m. ankle-brachial index test [see previous post] because SAM IS HAVING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY and won’t be able to take me! A few days ago I think I mentioned that Sam was bitten up Memorial Day weekend by all kinds of insects outside on the patio, and now he’s apparently having a reaction. Within the last 48 hours the bites on the back of his legs have morphed into gigantic wounds and his right eye is completely swollen shut, so he wants to see Dr. M first thing this morning when her office opens at 8:45. Don’t forget to come back later for an update, okay?

No comments: